I began painting the life of the Prophet Joseph after hearing a song by Kenneth Cope, entitled Brothers. The song tells of the great love of Joseph and Hyrum. They were more than just brothers; they were the best of friends. They left this life together, sealing their testimonies with their own blood. The first painting I did of them was of their Martyrdom. It was not until the very end of the painting JosephÌÎ_Ì´åÇs life that I realized I had never painted a picture that celebrated their lives together. Stick-pulling was a favorite pastime for Joseph, who was not quite as seriousÌÎ_Ì´åminded as Hyrum. I chose to paint Hyrum with the upper hand, a tribute to the older brother. I can almost guess what Joseph would say about that.
- Artist: Liz Lemon Swindle;
- Print Size: 13 X 11
- Frame Sizes (OUTSIDE dimensions):
- Frame A: 17 1/2 X 15 1/2; Frame B: 16 3/4 X 14 3/4; Frame C: 18 1/2 X 16 1/2; Frame D: 18 1/4 X 16 1/4
- This piece is printed on luster paper, texturized, and framed with a specific frame (shown above) that best compliments the print.
- These are the only frame options for this print.
- Each piece is made to order and can take 10-15 business days to ship.
- Orders may be produced quicker for a $25 rush fee. Please call for more info.
- Prints without the frame can be purchased. Please call or email for more info.