Come And See
Come And See
When I began this painting in April 2008, I paid little attention to the stock market or the world at large. Who could have imagined then that we would witness the implosion of the world's economic systems, the collapse of century-old institutions, and the loss of millions of people's life savings. It seemed everything we put our confidence in was taken away - literally overnight. Surely these are the times Jesus spoke of when He said, Men's hearts [will] fail them. - Luke 21:26.
Each day as bad news piled up, I found myself longing to be one of those disciples in the painting. To walk with Jesus and feel the peace and joy as they did. One particularly difficult day a thought came to me. I didn't need to go to the shores of Galilee to walk with the Savior and find His peace, none of us do. We can each feel it right here and right now, no matter how uncertain these times become. Did He not promise us?
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid... ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you. - John 14:27; 16:24
- Artist: Liz Lemon Swindle;
- Print Size: 36 X 12
- Frame Sizes (OUTSIDE dimensions):
- Frame A: 40 1/4 X 16 1/4; Frame B: 42 3/8 X 18 3/8; Frame C: 42 1/4 X 18 1/4; Frame D: 41 3/4 X 17 3/4; Frame E: 43 1/4 X 19 1/4
- This piece is printed on luster paper, texturized, and framed with a specific frame (shown above) that best compliments the print.
- These are the only frame options for this print.
- Each piece is made to order and can take 10-15 business days to ship.
- Orders may be produced quicker for a $25 rush fee. Please call for more info.
- Prints without the frame can be purchased. Please call or email for more info.